Adjustment of Status is the process where a foreign national obtains a green card. This is available to certain individuals in the United States who wish to change from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent). In order to do so, the individual must have been inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States and meet all required qualifications for a green card in a particular category.

This step happens when a petition, such as an I-130 or I-360, has been approved and the applicant is an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen or visa numbers are immediately available.

Continue, read more 

Questions? Click to call or write us today.